I am a 36 year old former CEO of a bootstrapped startup. My business partners and I built a business over the course of 10 years that eventually had 50+ full-time employees and generated over $15M a year in Revenue. We were kicking ass, and I was making some good money along the way.
But I realized that even with a lot of discipline to maintain my work life balance, I was not leading the life that I really wanted.
I was obsessed with work.
I was obsessed with achievement and building something great.
But this obsession was not healthy and upon further review, I realized that I had stopped challenging myself.
So I engineered my exit in mid 2020 and inadvertently found myself Accidentally Retired.
Accidentally Retired is my journey to becoming a better father, husband, investor, and to conquer the ultimate question of how to live a happy life and be my best self.
Accidentally Retired is the next phase of my life in which I work on what I want to work on, when I want to work on it, with the goal of generating passive income streams that my wife and I can eventually fully retire from.
Accidentally Retired is my exploration of Financial Independence, Early Retirement, Enjoying Life and more.
And hopefully along the way I can help you find your path to an Accidental Retirement as well.
Subscribe to the Email Newsletter
When you subscribe, you will receive our content straight to your inbox. Typically a few times a week.
Additional Featured Writers
From time to time, we will feature other writers from the Financial Independence community, to get their unique perspective on things. If you are interested in writing a guest post, please contact me.
- Best Books on Investing, Wealth Creation, Business & Entrepreneurship, and Enjoying Life
- Personal Capital: The Ultimate Tool to track your Net Worth, Budget and more
- How to Track your Happiness: Get the Happiness Spreadsheet
- Best Websites on Early Retirement & Financial Independence
- How to build a $15M company working 40 hours or less as a CEO
- Choosing, tracking, and data visualizing all of the happiness
- Create life mantras and goals, to enjoy life and increase happiness
- Don’t forget to indulge and enjoy life along the way to FI
- The Four Hour Work Week, by Tim Ferris
- Purple Cow: Transform Your Business by Being Remarkable by Seth Godin
- Awareness: The Perils and Opportunities of Reality by Anthony De Mello
- The Effective Executive: The Definitive Guide to Getting the Right Things Done by Peter F. Drucker
- The Millionaire Next Door by William D. Danko Ph.D. and Thomas J. Stanley Ph.D.
We’d love to hear from you. Please feel free to contact me any time for any reason.