About the Founder
I am a 36 year old former CEO of a bootstrapped startup. We built a business over the course of 10 years that eventually had 50+ full-time employees and generated over $15M a year in Revenue. We were kicking ass, and I was making some good money along the way.
But I realized that even with a lot of discipline to maintain my work life balance, I was not leading the life that I really wanted.
I was obsessed with work.
I was obsessed with achievement and building something great.
And this obsession was not healthy and I had stopped challenging myself.
So I engineered my exit in mid 2020 and inadvertently found myself Accidentally Retired.
Accidentally Retired is my journey from former CEO to becoming a better father, husband, and to conquer the ultimate question of how to live a happy life and be my best self.
Accidentally Retired is the next phase of my life in which I work on what I want to work on, when I want to work on it, with the goal of generating passive income streams that my wife and I can eventually fully retire from.
And hopefully along the way I can help you find your path to an Accidental Retirement as well.
Additional Featured Writers
From time to time, we will feature other writers from the Financial Independence community, to get their unique perspective on things. If you are interested in writing a guest post, please contact me.
- Best Books on Investing, Wealth Creation, Business & Entrepreneurship, and Enjoying Life
- Personal Capital: The Ultimate Tool to track your Net Worth, Budget and more
- Best Net Worth, Financial Independence Calculators, and Tools
- Best Websites on Early Retirement & Financial Independence
- How to Accidentally Retire; 5 Steadfast Rules to Follow
- How to build a $15M company working 40 hours or less as a CEO
- How to Track Your Happiness
- Create life mantras and goals, to enjoy life and increase happiness
- Asset Based Mortgage: How to get a mortgage in retirement or with no current income
- The Four Hour Work Week, by Tim Ferris
- Purple Cow: Transform Your Business by Being Remarkable by Seth Godin
- Awareness: The Perils and Opportunities of Reality by Anthony De Mello
- The Effective Executive: The Definitive Guide to Getting the Right Things Done by Peter F. Drucker
- The Millionaire Next Door by William D. Danko Ph.D. and Thomas J. Stanley Ph.D.
We’d love to hear from you. Please feel free to contact me any time for any reason.